Forest of Avon Trust
- Woodland wellbeing sessions for people with dementia and their families/carers, in partnership with Bristol Dementia Wellbeing Service, run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust & the Alzheimer’s Society (2017-ongoing)
- Off the Record, mental wellbeing in the woods with young people with mental health issues. (2018)
- Splatts Abbey Wood coppicing, with people with learning difficulties, adults from North Bristol Link and young people at City of Bristol College (2018)
- Woodland wellbeing pilot with Bristol Dementia Wellbeing Service (2016)
- A Dose of Nature, mental health project in collaboration with Exeter University and Bristol Community Health (2016)
- North Bristol Mental Health pilot project in collaboration with Public Health Bristol and Lawrence Weston Community Farm (2015)
- Leading Level 1 Forest School training courses and marking portfolios, in association with Lawrence Weston Community Farm (2015)
- S. Glos. Learning Difficulties Development Fund: working with people with learning difficulties to explore local green spaces and learn new skills. Participants included people with profound needs focusing on sensory experiences, more independent participants worked towards a John Muir Discovery Award and learning woodland management skills (2012 – 2016)
- South West Foundation: woodland skills for people with learning difficulties in BaNES, Bristol and South Glos aimed at increasing skills that could be used in employment e.g. first aid, tool use, risk assessing (2015)
- Shirelink Daycare Centre: woodland sessions for adults with learning difficulties using the Forest School approach. Activities included sensory exploration, arts and crafts, making fires and cooking (2011).
- City of Bristol College: woodland sessions with young adults with learning difficulties (16-24) on the college’s Horizons course. Activities focused on practical skills, games and exploration (2011).
- Kings Weston House family day: resources to encourage families to explore Kings Weston Park and leading activities for a family day at Kings Weston House (2011).
- Barton Hill Primary School: Forest School for year 5 pupils to build confidence (2011).
South Gloucestershire County Council
- Lyde Green Common: natural treasure hunt for local people ‘beating the bounds’ (2018)
- Cadbury Heath Art trail: natural treasure hunt for schools (2015)
- Kingswood Park Family Fun Day (2015)
- Our Place, Staple Hill community day: willow crown workshop (2012) and clay creepy crawlies workshop (2013).
- Page Park family day: willow workshop for children (2012).
Bristol City Council
- Northern Slopes project: natural weaving workshops – food webs, spiders webs, make your own web in the woods (2013).
- Eastwood Farm family day: make a willow crown or an insect mask (2013).
The Silvanus Trust and Plymouth University
- Good from Woods Research Toolkit: developing a toolkit for woodland practitioners to research the effects of their woodland activities (2013 – 2015).
- Good from Woods research: investigating the impact of being in woods on health & wellbeing with two groups of adults with learning difficulties (2011 – 2012).
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership
- Nature walks and sensory exploration in a local nature reserve (2012 – ongoing).
- Callington Road Hospital autumn event (2013).
- Mental wellbeing project with young people at Boiling Wells, St Werburghs (2017)
- Supporting Forest School training for disadvantaged women (2013).
- Craft activities at St Werburgh’s City Farm (2013).
Friends of Badock’s Wood
- Woodland party workshop – clay boggits and games for children and families (2013).
- Friends of Badock’s Wood launch event: sensory walks through Badock’s Wood (2012).
Working with schools and teachers
- Mangotsfield Primary School: Forest School days in Leigh Woods and twilight teacher training – for Jon Attwood (2016)
- Crockerne Primary School: Forest School day – for the Environmental Education Project, and teacher training – for Jon Attwood (2016)
- Hullavington Primary School: building a living willow ‘fedge’ and owl dome – for Jon Attwood (2016)
- Rencomb College: Forest School ‘taster’ session for primary-aged children attending the college and other local schools (2012).
- Lawrence Weston Community Farm family day: leaf printing and woodland games (2018)
- Friends of Ridge Wood family day: woodland activities including pencil making, rope walk, willow crowns, hapa zome (leaf bashing) (2015, 2016)
- Festival of Nature: running an environmental art workshop with arts therapist Scott Burnett with college students at City of Bristol College, Henbury (2014)
- Larmer Tree Festival: exploring the woods as an animal might using the senses. Sensory walks for families to learn about everything from camouflage to stalking (2013).
- Green Man Festival: craft tent in ‘Einstein’s Garden’ – making willow bird feeders, bee boxes and insect masks (2011 and 2012).
- Bristol Festival of Nature 2018: Health, Nature & Wellbeing conference
- A Dose of Nature 2016 – Exeter University
- Walking the talk conference 2014: a collaboration between Natural Connections, The Outdoor and Experiential Learning Research Network, Plymouth University and the Good from Woods project (Silvanus Trust).
- Mersey Forest 2013: Forestry and mindfulness – how we integrate activities that encourage mindfulness and flow into sessions with adults with learning disabilities.